An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a proactive way for employers to reduce employee absenteeism and improve workplace performance (See Why EAP is Good Business).
Dawn Associates provides responsive client services tailored to specific company needs, with the goal of adding value to the employment experience by helping employees and their families identify and resolve problems that can severely impact daily emotional and psychological functioning.
Rapid response to problem identification combined with fast-tracked treatment had been proven effective in reducing the costs associated with absenteeism and poor productivity.
Confidential assistance is available to eligible employees 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our network of professionals provides access to service throughout Southwestern Ontario, with counsellors who deliver wide-ranging expertise. DAWN ASSOCIATES’ scope of services includes:
- Fast Assessment/Treatment to employees experiencing difficulties. These clinical services can be offered to individuals (adults, children and teenagers), couples and families. Types of problems addressed include Mental Health issues (Grief/Major Loss, Depression, Anxiety, and Job-Related Stress); Relationship Issues (Marital, Separation, Family/Parenting and Work Relationships); Addictions; and Environmental Problems (Financial, Legal, and Community Resources)
- Crisis intervention and debriefing in response to critical incidents within the workplace involving severe accidents, injuries or deaths.
- Life Coaching as well as supervisory coaching for supervisors and managers to assist them in dealing with troubled employees.
- Consultation services regarding changes in the workplace structure is available to help businesses and organizations through times of transition.
- Workplace presentations are available on the prevention of problems to promote healthy growth and development and to foster good mental health and competency. Topics are selected through discussion with management and employees on such issues as:
- Change in the workplace – coping with the consequences
- People pressures in the workplace
- Depression and the workplace
- Work/life balance
- Building a respectful workplace
- The workplace and addictions
- Workplace violence
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Understanding Adolescence: A workshop for parents
Workplace presentations can be presented as workshops or lunch-and-learn sessions.